Question
Posted by: Suzie | 2008/01/16

Pregnancy

I am about 6 weeks pregnant & was considering termination, but now thinking of keeping the baby. Problem is, it wasn't planned, so I have been smoking, drinking, taking sleeping tablets, Prozac... If I decide to go through with the pregnancy & stop everything now, would I have caused any damage, without knowing it of course? Thanks Doc!

Dear Suzie

It is early in pregnancy and the baby is forming in the first 12 weeks but if you stop now, you can reduce the chances of any damages significantly. Have you spoken to a counsellor about your options? see http://www.neobirth.org.za/care.html

1
Posted by: Liezl | 2008/01/16

Hi, don't terminate. I don't know if I am wrong, but they say the cord only attaché when you are 6 weeks or so. That means nothing could have gone to the baby up to now. Just make sure you eat and drink right from now on and stop smoking.

Reply to Liezl