Question
Posted by: Maureen | 2008/01/15

Pregnancy

I think I might be just over 3 weeks preg (counting from the day of my last period). My breasts are swollen and sore, I had slight spotting last week. The thing is, I have a sharp pain/ slight cramp that comes on the left side of my lower abdomen (like where the ovaries are I think). Is this normal in early pregnancy? Should I see a doc straight away or should I wait to see if I miss my period in a weeks time? I am also very bloated.

Thanks!!

Hi Maureen
Rather see your doctor - this may be signs of a bladder infection. Pregnancy normally does not cause pain or bloating so early in pregancy.
dr Bets