Question
Posted by: Confused | 2007/12/07

PREGNANCY

Good Morning,

My period is 3 days late. I am on the pill so it is always spot on time. During the last month though, i hadnt bought the pill and my fiance and i had unprotected sex. Two days later i took the morning after pill and immediately started with my yasmin again too. I think i might have forgotten to take my pill on one of the days because last sunday when i went to take my sunday pill, the saturday one was still there. So basically, i think there is a strong chance that im pregnant.

I did a home pregnancy test this morning and it came out negative. Could i have just missed my period due to the morning after pill or should i go get a blood test done?

Many Thanks

The missed period couild be due to the morning after pill or pregnancy. Have a blood test to be sure or repeat the pregnancy test in a few days.

2
Posted by: confused | 2007/12/07

Thanks alot - and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am supposed to start my pill again tomorrow but i think i will hold off it to see if my period starts. But i am quite anxious to find out so im thinking of just going for a blood test this afternoon

Reply to confused
Posted by: peanut | 2007/12/07

I think it's possible that you are just a bit late due to not taking your pill on time, it might have thrown you out a bit.

It is however possible to be pregnant but you just tested to early. I would suggest that you wait a few more days and then do another test. If it is still negative you might want to consider a blood test.

I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant - my initial home tests were all negative, only on Sunday did I have a positive test (I did about seven after that just to be sure!!), and had a blood test on Tuesday. I fell pregnant very soon - in the first month I was off the pill!

Goodluck, I'm sure it will work out the way you want!

Regards,
peanut

Reply to peanut