Question
Posted by: LELSEY | 2007/11/27

Pregnancy

my daughter whom is 21 recently was pregnant and she says
that the baby had no heartbeat and the gynae advised her to
have a Dnc, is this true, please advise me. I did not know until
the account from the gynae came thru

I don't know whether it was true or not as I did not see her. The scenario you describe does happen.

2
Posted by: Sandra | 2008/01/07

I missed carried at 7.5weeks and had a DNC. I would like to know if I will ovulate after the DNC or will I have to wait until my next menstrual cycle.

Reply to Sandra
Posted by: Nix | 2007/11/27

that is very possible, it's called a blighted ovum, What is a blighted ovum?
A blighted ovum (also known as “anembryonic pregnancy”) happens when a fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterine wall, but the embryo does not develop. Cells develop to form the pregnancy sac, but not the embryo itself. A blighted ovum usually occurs within the first trimester before a woman knows she is pregnant. A high level of chromosome abnormalities usually causes a woman’s body to naturally miscarry.
sometimes ones body doesn't naturally miscarry and you would therefore require a D&C, which is a scrap to remove all pregnancy remains.

Reply to Nix