Question
Posted by: concerned dad to be | 2006/04/10

pregnancy

Hi, my girlfriend is 8 weeks pregnant and lately she has been complaining about cramps and to an extent pains in her stomach as well as her upper abdomen (lower ribs). What I need to know is that is this normal at this stage or should we be alarmed?

Your urgent response would be greatly appreciated.

Stetching pains do occur in early pregnancy but, if she is concerned, she should see her doctor.

2

Thanks Liesel, it is comforting to learn that this normal. I will be consulting the Doc as well for reassurance. For future requests I will make sure I post on the Pregnancy Chatline. Again thanks for all your advise.

Reply to concerned dad to be
Posted by: Liesel | 2006/04/10

Best to see her doc regarding this. I had the same problem, up until now, (13weeks and 2 days) it feels like period pains, that is growing pains, the stomach is stretching. It is pretty normal. However you can post on the Pregnancy chatline. The ladies there are WONDERFUL, with the most wonderful answers. If i need advise, i post there and in no time you'll get a response.

Reply to Liesel