Question
Posted by: kebest | 2004/12/08

pregnancy

Hi, I'm in the middle of problems.I'm gettin married next weekend 'n
I'm also 6weeks pregnant.I don't want the child now.Me 'n my fiance were thinking of termination but I'm afraid of what's gonna happen afterwards, what can I do?

If you are asking about possible complications of termination, if this is done medically, the risks are slight but can include bleeding , infection and damage to the womb.

2
Posted by: Abby | 2004/12/10

I had to do a TOP about a year ago.There are the pros and cons of it.Just like you, my finace and myself decided that that is what we wanted to do. But like thee others say,u need to get counselling before.Personally,I wouldn't want anyone to go thru that.Cos its much more emotional than anything.I had excessive bleeding afterwards and had to have a womb scrap.So dont let anyone fool you,there can and might be complications afterwards.That was what my counsellor told me when I went.

Good Luck with your decision. I really hope you make the right choice for you

Reply to Abby
Posted by: lady | 2004/12/08

It seems you need to have some sort of counselling to help you with your decision. If you choose to, you can look through the archives on this site, and you will find a variety of responses from women who say that they feel that termination was the best choice at the time, and others who decided to either keep the baby, or carry it to term and then give it to a loving family who is unable to have their own babies.

This is such a tough decision for you and I feel that I may have felt the same if I were in your shoes. Now however, after having battled infetilirty for a number of years, I am finally 20 weeks pregnant, and I cherish every moment.

Just keep in mind that this is your decision (with your fiance), and you will have to live with the consequences for the rest of your lives. A termination can put a lot of strain on a relationship, as can a pregnancy and a baby so early on in a marriage. At least you have a loving partner and maybe a baby isn't the worst thing in the world?

From a medical perspective (I am not a doctor, but this is what I've heard), if you have a 'safe' abortion at a reputable place, and you have all your follow ups, you should be just fine. It doesn't mean you won't be able to have children in the future.

Good luck with your decision.

Reply to lady