Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2004/10/09

Pregnancy

I would like some atvice. I have been on the Nur-Isterate injection for 4 years. I stopped using it 8 months ago. I have had regular periods since May but last month I had 2 in one month. This months period is late is it because I had 2 periods last month. Then also I did a home pregnancy test because I've been experiencing nausea and tender breasts, the first test came out positive, then I did another one just to make sure and it came out negative, so I did another one to make double sure and it also came out negative, can I be pregnant or could it have been a faulty test. Any advicce welcome I am desperate to fall pregnant.

Have a super day
Melissa

It sounds like the test was faulty if 2 other tests where negative. However if periods still stay away a blood test is much more sensitive and could be done.

2
Posted by: Melissa | 2004/10/11

Thanx for the quick response I really appreciate it. Kippie I am so happy for you. I've been trying to have a baby for 8 months now with no luck but if I miss this month's period I will certainly go for a blood test.

Thanks again

Reply to Melissa
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/11

Hi Melissa\
I was also on nuristerate and experienced sore breast and nausea the first two cycles - apparently this is hormone related. I fell preganct after two monthly cycles and also did a home test, which showed negative after 5 min as indicated on the package. I then went for a shower and finished for work, just before I left I checked it again and it was positive - a whole 1.5 hours after testing. Went for a blood test that same day and I am now the mother of a gorgeous baby boy!
Rather go for a blood test when you are still late a week from now.

All the best!

Reply to Kippie