Question
Posted by: Me | 2003/03/26

Pregnancy

Hi doctor,

I recently found out that I am between 3-4 weeks pregnant and am very happy!!! My gynae appointment is in 3 weeks time. Is this too late to see the doctor?
I also started taking folic acid as soon as I knew. I hope it's not too late for that either.

Please advice.

Seeing your gynaecologist in three weeks time is fine.Ideally folate should be started before you conceive, but if you take it now it will help to prevent anaemia.

3
Posted by: Jay | 2003/03/27

I am 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I was also concerned about how far away my appointment was when i first found out, but don't worry - the times fly by! I had my appointment yesterday and saw and heard my baby's heart beating - it was the most beautiful sound and sight in the world - if you go too soon, you'll miss out on that and have to wait for your next appointment to see it - it's certainly worth the three weeks wait. ENJOY AND CONGRATS!

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Mom2B | 2003/03/26

It is good to take a multi-vitamine make for pregnant woman. I use PREGNIVITE.It has all the vitamines a woman needs.I dont take any other pills,because I dont believe in taking to many pills. It is best to go to your giny at 7 weeks and later. At 7 weeks you will be able to see the baby's heartbeat.Relax and good luck!

Reply to Mom2B
Posted by: Baby Blue | 2003/03/26

Hi There

Taking your vitamins is very important and it's good for the baby no it's not late you will need to take a multi vitamin aswell and later on some iron too.

Congratulation

Reply to Baby Blue