Question
Posted by: Menell | 2003/03/24

Pregnancy

I am on a contraceptive for 9months now, last month it was my first time with intercourse, we didn't use any condoms as I was on the Pill.
I want to know a week before my period I start spotting (my first period after intercourse), the first 3 days in my period there was a little spotting, the first day it was brown and the second day there was little red and the third day it was brown and it stopped. I had all the symtoms of a regular period. I also had a bit of stress during that time!
What can it be, can I be pregnant? I didn't miss a pill...
I am stressed out of my mind!!!!!!!

It is unlikely that you are pregnant. The spotting may be breakthrough bleeding or may be from tearing of the hymen. If this occurred a week before your period was due, you may well get a proper period when you get to the red pills.