Question
Posted by: Fiona | 2004/01/23

Pregnanat-diet medicine

I just found out that I am 4weeks pregnant- about two weeks ago I started to drink diet medicine for energy. I stopped drinking it a few days ago. How would this affec the embrio??

I was also diagnosed with Antiphospholipid- what treatment do you suggest? I drink one Ecotrin a day.

Thank yoy very much!!

It depends what diet medicine you have taken, though many of them have not been tested in pregnancy so the effects are unknown.
Ecotrin is the right treatment for antiphospholipid syndrome. If you have had any clots in the past, it may be necessary to also add heparin.