Question
Posted by: KK | 2006/11/10

Preggies soon after Pill, is that normal

Wow I'm surprised I feel pregnant so soon after stopping my pill. I stopped mid September. And travelled from the US to SA early Oct, when I didn't see my periods I thought it might be because of the jetlag. I came back a week ago feeling nauseous ans again I thought well it's the long trip. Today I went to the DR and he said I might be 7-8 weeks, I never expected it so soon afterwards.
I thought it will take a couple of months before my bloodstream is cleared of the hormones from the pill. I expected it to happen in Jan maybe.
How did that happen so soon??
Thanks everyone for your input.
KK

Everyone is different. Some people fall pregnant straight after stopping the Pill.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2006/11/10

I have a friend who fell pregnant as soon as she stopped the pill i.e that very month with her first child.
There's no hard and fast rule when it comes to conceiving and the stopping of contraception. You clearly ovulated that first month! Just enjoy the pregnancy, when it's meant to be it's meant to be:)

Reply to Maya