Question
Posted by: Kerry | 2006/11/14

Pregant & worried sick MEDICATION taken

Hi, I just found out im preg however have recently been to a malaria infested island on holiday-i had a yellow fever injection, i had malaria tablets. Over & above that I consumed a lot of alcholol and I smoke. I should not be more than 8 -10 weeks however I am worried sick -Do have an app with my gynae however need as much advice as possible.. I also flew & not sure when it is not safe to fly during pregnancy -Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

The main problem is the alcohol. Heavy drinking in the first 8 weeks of pregnancy can affect the fetus. Discuss this with your gynaecologist.

1
Posted by: san | 2006/11/14

I'm not sure about the yellow fever injection, but usually the baby doesn't absorb stuff from you until about 6-8 weeks.

Flying wouldn't do any harm.

The best is to go to your dr, he won't be mad, just be able to monitor you better

Reply to san