Question
Posted by: Lhoza | 2007/07/24

preganncy after sterilisation?

Is it possible to have an oparation to mend your tubes after they were cut after giving birth when you now would like to conceive again?

Dear Lhoza

The success of a reversal or reanistomosis operation depends on the length of the remaining tube or tubes and also depends on which part of the tube was cut. This may require assessment by means of a small procedure called a laparoscope before embarking on the reversal procedure itself.

1
Posted by: jessica | 2007/07/25

hi

i actually had my tubes mended after i has a very hasty sterilisation after my daughter was born. The tubes were absolutely perfectly put together. When an x-ray was done the Doctor mentioned that you culd not even see the join. Unfortunately 9 yrs later i am still trying to have a baby, they say that my one tubes is now too weak.

Hope you have better luck.

Reply to jessica