Question
Posted by: Beautiful | 2008/06/19

Pregancy

Hi I am 34 years old and I am planning to have my fisrt baby next year after my 35th birthday. Will I be too late?

Dear Beautiful
Many women have healthy children and healthy pregnancies in their late 30's. Yes, your chances of falling pregnant is lower than a 20 year old's, the chances on getting complications with the birth is slightly higher, the chances of Down syndrome is higher, but if you have a good gynecologist and go for regular checkups, get pre-natal sonars and live a healthy lifestyle it is definitely not too late. (warning : you will be called an "elderly" primigravida...!) See http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/ageandpregnancy/