Question

Preg test,depo,no cycle,unsure,help!

Hi, I've been on the 3mnth depo injection for +-5 years. My gynae advised that I stop all contraceptives for now to get my own cycle back. I hate this idea to have no safety net.

I dont want my partner to use only condoms because I think they are risky if you dont use some other form of contraceptives as well.

So now we only have oral sex. Twice now he has inserted and removed his p almost immediately with no sign of sperm. We had a serious talk about this this weekend, because that is even worse than not using condoms. My fear is falling pregnant.

The problem is ... I dont have my normal menstrual cycle yet. So there is no way of telling if I could be pregnant or not because I didnt have a period for how long and I think it will take a while for my natural system to kick back into action.

I know this is a naive question, but if he didnt actually cum inside me, but he was inside me for a brief moment, can I fall pregnant? Pre-cum etc?

And I've read in the archives that you sould do a pregnancy test 10 days after your cycle should've started for an accurate answer. Again, I dont know when my cycle is or should be.

Lets say the incident happened yesterday, when should I take a pregnancy test to be sure?

Thanks!

It is possible to fall pregnant from pre-ejaculate. You can test 18 days after the event.
Why don't you use the oral contarceptive to provide protection in the mean time?
You don't have to stop the injection unless you want to fall pregnant. Remember then that it will take quite some time.

4

My Gynae advised not to use any form of hormonal contraceptive for now (incl the pill) because it is bad for me... and I have to let my body become its natural self again without pumping it full of hormone controllers... I love the injection and felt that was the best option for me. Gynae doc, was it really necessary to stop everything?? There is nothing wrong with me or any serious reason for this. Except that I've been on it for 5 year and he recons that is too long... ???

Yes you can fall pregnant with pre cum. I am 6 months preggies because of that , so be careful.

Posted by: similar | 2007/04/23

well mine has been only my first time this year january and i never went back for my second and still no sign of a period i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative i have period pain symptoms breast pain lower abdominal pains but no period its almost two months now. maybe the injection in your system will take longer because you have been on the injection quiet a long time why not try the condom and also consider the patch

Reply to similar
Posted by: Dee | 2007/04/23

Why dont you go onto the pill during this time? If u r very scared of falling pregnant then why dont you just stay on the injection?

It normally takes from 7 months to 1.5 years for the inj effects to leave ur body. And if you are not having a period it is highly unlikely that you will be ovulating thus your chances of pregnancy are zero.

Reply to Dee