Question
Posted by: mother | 2007/08/02

Preg teacher VS 6 year son gr 1

Hi all,
I am a stressed mother her GR1 teacher is pregnant and everyday writes letters of complain to me about my son misbehaving and not coperative, he can't read and and many more things. my worry is my son is a 6 year normal kid and teachers are there for us during the day for our kids, I know my son is difficult but I expect a teacher to have control measures for them, don't know what to do about this, anyone who has a six yea old can their kids read as mine can do sums and writes. I once had a meeting with the teacher she said my son won't make it at the end of the year can she jugde my son only at first qourter about the entire year results she is a white teacher, please help me what to do or where to go to assist my son cope.

Have you discused this with the headmaster ? Maybe your son is genuinely more of a problem and having more difficulties than you realize ; opr maybe it is the teacher who is particularly stressed at this time and not coping too well.

4
Posted by: tisa | 2007/08/02

I was in exactly the same spot as you are now. When my son were in GR R, The teacher only judged him the first term and also told me that he will not make it at the end of the year. I let him repeat another year, then that year she told me he is doing a little bit better, but he will never be in the top of his class. You know what last year (GR 1) my child got the certificate for standing first in his class. My child has so much confidence now, you cant believe. I believe that that teacher just didn't like him. I still can't stand her. If I were you, now looking back at everything. I will take him to a therapist so she can evaluate him and give you a full report. Then you will know if he's on standard or not.

Good Luck
I know exactly what you are going through.

Reply to tisa
Posted by: tisa | 2007/08/02

Good Luck

Reply to tisa
Posted by: Paul | 2007/08/02

We caught our boy out, being a angel at home and a devil at school, turns out he beleived it 2 seperate worlds and mom and dad don't know what he does at school. Sat him down , explained that the teacher talks to us, go a book for her to write his transgression in, every night the book comes out and he would get a hiding for the bad things he did at school that day.

It was about a week and the teachers comments become more positive. The book isn't even used any more.

In this case the boy (6 also) was in the wrong.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Paul | 2007/08/02

You cannot expect every kid to fit right in with every teacher. Do you think you child is being victimised?

I doubt her being white or pregnant has anything to do with it.

Make sure your son is in the clear before taking this further, to save yourself embarrasment.

Reply to Paul