Question
Posted by: Baby | 2004/02/09

Preg & Sex

Hay every one
Pls help me I want to find out if you have abdominal pains is sex safe.My fiance & I are constantly fighting with the sex issue and fells hes is not getting enough.I prefere we do it once a week and he says Im being silly. I dont want to loose the baby and I have read stories and hered difer stuff from people.Pls help
Yours in Confusion

If you are having abdominal pains, you should have this checked by a doctor before having sex.
Some women also find it uncomfortable having sex in later pregnancy and you will have to explain this to your boyfriend.

3
Posted by: Norma | 2004/02/09

If you have any pain or bleeding during or after sex, stop, don't do it and ask your doc about it....... your fiance should start to think about you and the baby and put his needs aside a bit, I'm not saying push him aside, but there is other ways to attend to his needs, not just sex (penatration).
You should think about you and the baby and I don't know how far you are, but for the first 12weeks I didn't have the energy for sex anyway.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/09

I do not fully agree with Mlk.
Miscarriage is most of the time due to chromosome abnormalities but can also be due to something completely different, like thyroid problems, fetus not attaching properly, progesterone levels, etc, etc. So you are making a very wild statement here!!!!
Period like cramps are normal in the beginning stages and sometime later in pregnancy, but if this is severe or the woman feels uncomfortable in having sex - I would say stop.

I also had some bleeding between 6-7 weeks and the doctor has adviced us to stop having intercourse up to 12 weeks, and I promise you, if your husband/fiance also wants this child - there should not be a problem. When you are sexually stimulated or have a orgasm, it can effect the fetus ONLY if you are already prone to a miscarriage.

Baby, I suggest you phone your doctor and ask advice on this matter especially if you have severe cramps!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: mlk | 2004/02/09

You cannot lose the baby because of sex unless your doctor has advised you not to be having sex.In most cases,a miscarriage only happens because there is something wrong with the baby's growth.It is rarely because of your actions e.g sex.In other words a miscarriage is bound to happen whether or not you are having sex.You can't control it.Come to a compromise with your fiance.I know that when one is pregnant there is always the worry of doing something wrong but if your doctor says you can have sex then i don't see anything wrong.I used to have abdominal pains after sex during the first few weeks of pregnancy so i spoke to my man about being more gentle and careful.I am 11 weeks preg and everything seems to be fine.

Reply to mlk