Question
Posted by: Anu | 2004/10/19

Preeclamsia?

Recently I lost my baby at 26 weeks. My pregnancy was going perfectly until I suddenly developed high blood pressure, high amounts of protein in my urine and increased fluid retention. I was admitted to hospital at 24 weeks. My baby was delivered by emergency ceasarian section and died after 3 days in neo natal ICU. How soon can I start trying for a second baby and what precautions can I take to prevent a repeat of my previous experience?

You have a 30% chance of a recurrence happening. You have to see a perinatal medicine specialist for possible medications that may reduce the risk. All the best