Question
Posted by: Angel | 2007/05/14

pre term labour and skin rash

Hi DR

I fallen pregant through ivf. and had pre term labour at 24 weeks. I lost my baby. Before and up until this time Ive had a greyish itching rash outside my vagina extending towards the rectum. It looked alot like eczema and itches alot. There has been no discharge other than normal.
I some how feel that this rash had something to do with the pre term labour.
My dr gave me a cream to rub, and it only relieves the itching however the rash didnt go away, It kept coming back.
Its now 3 mnths since the incident ... I stilll have the rash.
What can I take to get rid of rash ? and what exactly is it ?
do I need to see a dermatologists or a gynaecologists ?

There isn't a link between preterm labour and a rash. I would suggest that you see a dermatologist.