Question
Posted by: topaz_sa | 2008/05/30

Pre-term labour

Hi Doc - I am 33 weeks pregnant, and everything is going well, except that at about 20 weeks I had a VERY little bit of unexplained bleeding.

Because of this my doc says that she thinks I will be 4 weeks early - can it be up to that long, and how does she get her figure, is it just a guess?

My main question though, is how can I prevent pre-term labour, is there anything that I shouldn't be eating or doing that will help me carry closer to full term?

I think your doctor is just guessing. The only things that you can do to prevent preterm labour are to avoid smoking and take folate.