Question
Posted by: mom-to-be | 2003/12/24

pre-eclampsia- now that i have it...

i would like to know what I can do to make sure that my baby continues to grow. I know that with pre-eclamsia growth might slow down but I want to do my best to make sure that the baby grows as normally as possible - in case I have deliver early. My condition developed around 29 weeks. The Dr says we are now 'buying time' for the baby's organ's to mature as much as possible .

You can avoid smoking, eat a healthy diet, rest as much as possible. Beyond that, there is nothing you can really do to alter the progression of the pre-eclampsia. Aspirin is sometime used, but you are probably too far along now for this to be of use.