Question
Posted by: Mrs Diana | 2006/11/08

Pre-eclamisia (help please)

I had pre-eclamisia in my previous pregnancy, and reading through and getting advise from this forum I am aware that there is not cure for it and there is no guarantee that it may not come back from the next pregnancy. In the meantime I was looking after my healthy, actually eating healthy and take a walk in the morning. I managed to drop the weight and my BP is normal. I went to see my gyne and he was happy and gave me a go ahead to try again. I tried in October and by GOD's WILL I manage to conceive. I want to continue with my 20 mins walk in the morning and do some swimming and also I want to do massages because I heard that massages are also good when pregnant for the blood flow. What I want to find out, how often must I do the massage? once a week or twice a week. Also who can you recommend that I can go to for the massages. I am trying everything I can for this pregnancy as I lost my baby boy due to pre-eclamisia. Help me Please!

Massages are relaxing but do not particularly benefit the pregnancy. I am sure that you can have massages wherever you usually go. Tell the therapist that you are pregnant as certain oils are contraindicated in pregnancy.