Question
Posted by: DavidT | 2007/12/03

Pranalip Medication

I have recently had a Heart Bypass and Pranalip 10mg tablets have been prescribed. I would like to know what the long term side affects are? I would also like to know what affect these tablets will have on my normal liver function?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Live function tests is recomended prior to taking pranalip, and up a year after starting treatment. PRANALIP should be discontinued if the rise in transaminase levels is persistent and /or increases to three times or more the upper limit of normal

The most common side effect to watch out for is muscle pain/cramp - contact your prescriber should you start experiencing any