Question
Posted by: june | 2004/11/18

Prader willi sydrome

Could you please tell me if prader willi sydrome is hereditary
someone in my family have this sydrome and i want to know if there is a possiblity that one of my kids can have it one day.

June, although Prader-Willi syndrome is associated with an abnormality of chromosome 15, it is generally considered not to be an inherited condition, but rather a spontaneous genetic birth defect that occurs at or near the time of conception. If you have more questions please post them as a new question to ensure that I receive it. Good luck.