Posted by: Nanana | 2009/03/24

practice registration

how can i register as a private practitioner in my rural area. i' m doing PhD in mental health

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Sotty, Nanana, but I have absolutely no idea. IF you are training in psychology, you'd need to ask your lecturers and the Health Professiosn COuncil about whether your specific qualification will qualify you to register and practise as a clinical psychologist, and they can then also let you know about the paperwork and procedures needed to register. They're keen to encourage people to practise in rural areas, so your interest is likely to be welcomed. I'm just not sure, not knowing the particular degree course you mention, whether it is a theoretical / academic qualification, or a clinical qualification intended to emable one to practice clinically. IF not, one may need to take a further course in clinical psychology so as to be practically useful in those rural areas in treating their problems.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.