Question
Posted by: Wonder maar net | 2007/02/20

POWER PLATE

Ek wil weet of die Power Plate masjien regtig effektief is vir gewigsverlies en spierbou en of dit ooit gesond en reg is om te gebruik en indien wel, of dit enige (langdurige) nadele of newe-effekte vir jou kan inhou? Is dit aanbeveelbaar of is dit iets soos die sonbed wat eerder nie gebruik moet word nie?!

Baie dankie!

I'm not 100% sure what the Powerplate is supposed to do, all I am able to find on it is that it uses vibration technology to help build muscle. Is that the one you are referring to?

If it is, then the machine won't really work very effectively. It's not unhealthy, it's just not going to work because you can't burn off fat and build muscle by allowing the body to vibrate - just doesn't work that way. So there are no long term side effects, because there are very few effects! The only way to build muscle or to lose weight is to do regular exercise like cardio training (running, walking, cycling, taebo) or to get into a gym and lift weights.