Question
Posted by: GIRO | 2005/11/23

Power of Prayer

I have been experiencing a lot of bad luck easpecially with boyfriends. I am a beautiful lady both inside and out but my relationships do not last. They just leave me even when everything is going alright.
Is it true that if you really pray for what you want God will give you.

I doubt that God would give everybody everything they ask for, as some people would surely be asking for bad things they really shouldn't have. WOuldn't a counsellor be able to help you feel more confident and to handle the boyfriend situation better ?

15
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/11/23

Giro,

I feel exactly as you do. I pray all the time and I have no clarity yet on anything but I believe it will come. I believe in God, I just need to work on having faith and trust and letting go. I feel it is my inability to take my hands off of things and just leave them to God that prevents him working in my life.

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Deubel | 2005/11/23

God's own son Jesus never asked for anything for himself, except for strength and wisdom to complete his task.

Reply to Deubel
Posted by: Sue 2 | 2005/11/23

In order to receive something you pray for you have to believe that God will give it to you. Thats what I think....BELIEVE!!

Reply to Sue 2
Posted by: blackbird | 2005/11/23

god recently said i must meet him halfway and buy a lotto tickett ...

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: GIRO | 2005/11/23

To Sista Zazi and all who responded,
Thanks a lot, I truely have been touched.
I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Reply to GIRO
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/23

Blackbird.....We all did, I think God doesnt know to who he must give it to first.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: blackbird | 2005/11/23

i prayed for the lotto numbers. still waiting !!!!!!

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: Sister Zazi | 2005/11/23

God knows better

Our Father knows what's best for us,So why should we complain ...We always want the sunshine;But He knows there must be rain.We love the sound of laughter And the merriment of cheer;But our hearts would lose their tenderness If we never shed a tear.

Our Father tests us often With suffering and with sorrow;He tests us, not to punish us,But to help us meet "tomorrow."For growing trees are strengthened When they withstand the storm;And the sharp cut of the chisel Gives the marble grace and form.

God never hurts us needlessly;And He never wastes our pain;For every loss He sends to us Is followed by rich gain.And when we count the blessings That God has so freely sent;We will find no cause for murmuring And no time to lament.For Our Father loves His children,And to Him all things are plain;So He never sends us "pleasure"When the "soul's deep need is pain.

"So whenever we are troubled,And when everything goes wrong,It is just God working in us To make "our spirits strong."

Reply to Sister Zazi
Posted by: Sister Zazi | 2005/11/23

GIRO just read this and maybe u will see what i mean!!!

Not only him to all the people on this forum.

POWER OF PRAYER

Prayer is powerful, it is communication with God,You may not realize the power that prayer has too,But you have the power to pray every day,For this you should be glad, yes, you,

Prayer is powerful, God created it to be,We must use this God given gift of prayer power,We can use it every single day you seeOr we can use it any single hour.

Prayer is powerful, use your power,Pray for all your family and friends,For everyone in the entire world,The power of prayer never ends.

Reply to Sister Zazi
Posted by: Sister Zazi | 2005/11/23

What i have realised is that we dont invite God in our relationships that is why we tend to have this problems each and every day. Yes God takes time to give whatever you want and in the process he wants to test you before he ccan give you what you want. Just keep praying and have that believe that he will give me only time will tell.

God knows what he is doing he wants to see if u really believe that he can help you and the other thing if he had answered your prayers just say THANK YOU. not once but each and every day.

Tell yourself that God will show me the way and es he will. Just hang in there u can be beautiful and everything but if u dont believein God you are nothing.

Give it time u will see everything will be alright!!! We meet different people before we meet the right people just hang in there

Reply to Sister Zazi
Posted by: Seth | 2005/11/23

...and that i promise you!

Reply to Seth
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/23

I dont believe that.

Would be a wonderful life if we could pray, then just get.
Ive prayed allot, then i get nothing.....

I believe in prayer, but its not a quick fix for any problems.
Sumtimes He gives, and i's what we do with it that makes the difference.

Rather pray for wisdom. Then when the man comes, you will have insight to know if its the right man or not, and what must be dun to make it last.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/11/23

Haai Gaairou. Jy traai dalk te hard jong. Relaks 'n bietkie.

Reply to Frosty
Posted by: Friend | 2005/11/23

Yes, but not always in the time span that you planned it to be. God works in mysterious ways. He'll send you the right person at the right time. Be patient.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Seth | 2005/11/23

Giro, if you pray with a "true" heart, God WILL give you just what you need!

Reply to Seth