Question
Posted by: Deon | 2006/04/06

Potent or not

My Specialist put me on Aterax 25mg 3 times a day,Ativan 2.5mg twice a day dormonoct 2mg at night,Perbloka 40mg and Physiotens 0.4mg,i want to know if Aterax is any good,i heard it is a very old medication,i was on Antidepressants(Prozac,Aropax)but i also want to know what is a really strong Antipshycotic or SSRI because i thing i am taking to much meds,and is the combination of the medication i am on safe.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Although Aterax is one of the older meds it is still commonly prescribed and is effective as an axiolytic and sedative. Since I'm not familiar with your medical condition I cant say if the meds are unnecesary or not. You'll have to speak to your pshychiatrist regarding the SSRI and antisphychotic - Some that are often prescribed are Effexor (SSRI/NARI) and Fluanxol (antipshycotic).