Question
Posted by: sarel | 2005/01/05

potbelly puppy

If a puppy still gets a potbelly quite often after eating in spite of two doses of worm medicine, what else could cause it?. The potbelly goes away later.

Your puppy is probably just eating a great deal, stretching the tummy and thereby stretching the entire belly, especially if you notice it going bigger and smaller after meals. It does not sound like a significant problem to me.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

1
Posted by: Chill | 2005/01/06

All the puppies I've ever raised have had this... it's partly what makes them so cute! Don't worry about it - it's quite normal, provided it goes away when they've finished digesting.

Reply to Chill