Question
Posted by: Pig Pal | 2006/10/31

POT BELLY PIGS

We have a new pot belly pig as the newest member of our familly. she scratches her self alot and her skin looks very dry. Is there anything we could do or are we doing anything wrong for her skin to be more moisturised, tried vaseling intensive care but dont know how good it is for pigs. Also if you have any tips on piglets they would be appreciated.

BACON

Pigs can suffer from mites so have your vet check her out. She may need an injection of an insecticide.

2
Posted by: melanie | 2006/11/02

did u know a pot belly pig can grow to about 130 kg. we had one which we had to get rid of - it became huge and dug up the entire garden.

Reply to melanie
Posted by: KAZ | 2006/11/02

I don't know much about Pot belly pigs although at one time thought of having one but space was an issue but knew of friends that had them and we use to visit them quite a bit. Cybervet may know what to do or try looking on the internet about pot belly pigs. We have just come out of Winter where it has been dry. I'll see what I can find and get back to you.

Reply to KAZ