Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/12

Postive Action Being Taken

Hi guys,
Working hard at clearing up my life and taking it step for step. Have sent letter off to the Legal Services to take matters further with child's father, so let's see what happens.

As for the friend mentioned previously that I helped financially, I have told her to come up with an action plan in the next two weeks or else the item would be repossessed, I am no longer going to take responsibility for other people's problems, I have enough of my own.

I want to thank everybody here for all the advice given to me and apologise if it has taken me a while to take it, but the downward spiral seems currently halted, I am hoping so because I do not think my body can cope with it anymore and the pain is also becoming unbearable, where I liked it before it is becoming too much. My bf said's I really gave him the fright of his life and I was very 'stroppy', wouldn't get into the car, it is scary to think what a person is capable of, I was not myself. My sister apparently also joined at the hospital and said I sounded like a witch, I went from hysterical laughter into deep sadness in a matter of minutes. The doctor there said I have a specific disorder, my psychologist told the bf my behaviour was normal for me, I don't know. The bf now also understands why I shouldn't and cannot drink. I am stopping, not trying, am.

All of you here must have a wonderful day and know that no matter what I will be thinking of each of you and hoping you all sort out your lifes and problems as I am going to attempt to do with the help of all the doctors and my close friends and relatives. My support system has grown so much that it is overwhelming and great and I know I can manage this now.

Morning, BT,
Bravo ! Especially about (a) taking responsibility for your own life and b) NOT taking responsibility for others' lives, like your tardy friend. Make a copy of this positive and firm message of yours, and keep it somewhere where you can see it if you ever start to waver again.

6
Posted by: ... | 2004/10/12

there is something ominous in your post BT. Pls take it easy.

Reply to ...
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/12

Way to go BT! I love your new attitude, you are well on your way to improving your situation.

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: K | 2004/10/12

Great to see you so positive - keep it up

Take care!

Reply to K
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/12

Hi BT,

It is great when one of us takes charge of their lives, I am sure you know that you have our best wishes in your endeavours, & that you have a long road ahead still. So all I hope for you right now is that your new found strength in yourself keeps on growing...

Take care BT,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: A | 2004/10/12

You really made my day when I read your post - its inspiring - TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS GIRL - get back what you deserve in life.

You wont see any results until you try and boy sounds like you are really going 10 steps forward today.

Well done and keep it up till you're back on top again and in control.
Chat soon,

A

Reply to A
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/10/12

Dear BT,

Well done on taking action! I suspect it could still be a bumpy road ahead, but I'm happy that things are taking a positive spin for a change! Good luck and best wishes!

Reply to Mindful