Question
Posted by: Nip-nip | 2007/04/18

Posting 529

Just to add on

Instead of buying milk for your puppies i think is better you put you dog on good brand Puppy food.
that will help her to produce more milk for the puppies,just like babbies they prefer their mother's milk besides is good for them.
As mentioned by others you r puppies will start eating after 4 weeks.
what i usually do is i buy them the puppy milk at 5 weeks since by then the mother doesn't want them to suck that much.
As for now concentrate on feeding the mother good food and she knows what do.
As for other Puppies that didn't make it,it does happen sometimes.I have seen my dog giving birth twice is really a hell of a work to do.
she gave birth to six puppies and only one couldn't make iit.
on her second litter since i was there i helped her by making sure she doen't step on the puppies and that ohter dogs doesn't disturb her.
anyway Good Luck

see below