Question
Posted by: Anael | 2004/10/15

Post Traumatic Stress and Depression

I've had abusive and violent childhood. I'm now 33 years old. Had cancer for 8 years, in remission. Got divorced 3 years ago. Experienced and saw my friend being "killed" by attackers (who attacked us). Involved in relationship, where "boyfriend" is seperated from his wife (in process of getting divorced), rollercoaster emotions involved with this situation. Recently tried to commit suicide (twice in a mater of two weeks), not first attempt. Currently going for therapy. Can't sleep, can't eat, can't concentrate, can't get up, procrastinate, can't achieve (work related), i'm inconsistent, unstable, sensitive, cry a lot. On antidepressants. Please HELP, what to do, what to do...

Absolutely right to go for therapy. Apart from all the other elements which deserve counselling / psychotherapy, antidepressants should help ; but remember that they take 2 to 4 weeks to have their full efficacy in Depression, and a bit longer in PTSD. . You can get through this rough patch, and by taking care to work, in therapy, on all the issues still troubling you, you can maybe get better than you have been for years, and maintain that improved state.

1
Posted by: always be postive | 2004/10/15

You have been though a lot and its normal to go though all those feelings ect.

Pls note that are are a special person, God created us all beautifully and know that we are all made and are here for a reason. Its not nice that you have had such a rough life but you CAN get through this!!!

You just have to take each day as it comes and believe in yourself. I can fully suggest that you start going to church and experince the refreshing and peace of God, above all you can have God's peace and strength to get through each day not always having to rely on yourself as you are weak at this time.

I know not everyone would agree with me but i have expiernced God and can promise you your life will change and blossom into something beautifull, what have you to loose esp if you are feeling so hopeless give God a chance to change and shape you and to heal all the hurt you have been though to live a life of happiness and joy and freedom! Find a church this Sunday ,you may not like the 1st one you go to but keep trying them out and start slowlly day by day praying for peace in your life. Its as easy as that and anyone can come to God, you dont have to be a pure holy person we all have problems and troubles in our lives and having God right there to help lift our burdens makes it so much easier to deal with and to get throught them!!!

Dotn give up and start setting yourself little happy goals for the day to bring a smile apon your face...surround your life with happy things, freindships and people who love you...

Reply to always be postive