Question
Posted by: rose | 2004/01/19

post spinal headache after caesarean

Hi, I had a caeserian section about a week ago. The headaches started slightly after the operation. It is getting worse after a week It begins in the neck and gradually move to the head.
Could this be for sure symptoms of the spinal as I never experience headaches in the past. How long will this prolong?.
I hope there is any suggestions for treatment
Rose

This does sound like it could be related to the spinal. It may last quite a while without treatment. I would sggest that you arrange to see the anaesthetist who did the spinal anaesthetic. It may be necessary to do a blood patch.

2
Posted by: www | 2004/01/20

My gynae told me after my epidural to have 3 red bulls in a row and see if it helps. It did

Reply to www
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/20

Hi Rose

The spinal can cause severe headaches for about 2 weeks after. Pain medication does not help much for them but coffee and coke do, the caffien seems to help.

Reply to Belle