Question
Posted by: Johan | 2004/10/01

Post Small intenstine cancer

Doc,

Further to previous posting (No. 223) with same reference the following:

I again went for a CT scan on 1/10/'04 and the Radiologist's Report stated the following conclusion:

1)Focul soft tissue lesion adjacent to the right ascending colon. The Radiologist stated that it may represent unopacified bowl.......What does this mean and what could the reasons be (propable), in your opinion.

2)The remainder of the CT scan demonstrates no evidence of recurrent or metastatic disease.

3)Fatty infiltration of the liver. After surgery in 2001, I was on "Intron-A" injections for 6 months. The Radiologist stated that this could have caused the latter.......Your view please.

4)Possable contracted gall bladder with associated calculi.......What does this mean? What should/can be done about it?

Johan

Johan,
1. It sounds like the lesion is just bowel without gas, but I can guarantee it. Your doctor will be able to give you more information.
2. So it says there is no sign of cancer.
3. The fatty changes are not really dangerous and may be due to the chemo. It isn’t something you should worry about it as you’re not getting chemo anymore.
4. There are gallstones in your gallbladder and as long as they don’t give you trouble, nothing has to be done about them.
Good luck.