Question
Posted by: Paula | 2004/10/18

Post pregnancy

I had a baby 7 weeks ago by C section. I am currently breastfeeding and have started exercising again. (Doing ex 3 times a week) I have 5kgs to loose to get to my prepregnancy weight. How long can I expect it to take?

Dear Paula
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Don't rush your dieting and exercise as this can interfere with breastfeeding, which is the single most important gift you can give your child right now. So take it easy. If you also cut down moderately on fat intake you should lose about 0,5 kg per week.
Enjoy the baby