Question
Posted by: francie | 2008/06/03

post operative pain

Dear Dr Guy
How can I avoid post operative pain without taking painkillers.
It is all going to take a while to heal up, so I am told, and the whole procedure is very tiring. I have difficulty in walking as a result of the operation. I had a haematoma haemorrhoidectomy.
thank you
sincerely
francie

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Francie,
Aloe vera gel, applied directly to the anus, has properties similar to aspirin. It can releive pain and soothe the burning sensation. The fresh pulp is the best. This type of alternative remedy should be available in your local healthshop.
I would advise you to consult a nutritionist as part of your management.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath