Question
Posted by: Christine | 2004/10/14

Post Operative

I am a 31 year "young" female with 2 kids. I've recently had to have a peri-anal abscess removed surgically, twice. I now find that I become constipated quite easily and without warning and then suddenly my tummy will become very runny again. I also seem to get vaginal thrush more than always. I never had a problem with being constipated before.

Christine, I doubt that it has anything to do with the operation. It sounds more like irritable bowel syndrome and even diabetes – the best would be to see a gastroenterologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.