Question
Posted by: pumkin | 2006/04/05

POST NATAL DEPRESSION

My daughter has just had a baby who is nearly 3 months old. My daughter has been on antidepressant (cipramil) since Jan this year. It doesn't seem to get any better.I cant afford expensive medication but would like to help her.She and the father of the baby has also just broken up which doesn't help for her state of mind.

Well, if Cipramil was helping you, I'd have advised you to insist on having the doc change the prescription chage to the identical but far cheaper Cilift -- its pointless to waste money on a needlessly expensive drug. Counselling would surely help her in this situation ; and if she isn't responding well to this drug, others within the same family would probably help her. Her condition ought to respond well to proper treatment, and the Cipramil has been taken for long enough to show that it is not being helpful

1
Posted by: lou | 2006/04/05

Your daughter needs to go back to her doctor and tell him that the meds are not working for her so that he can change it. Post Natal Depression is an awful thing and can put both the mom and the baby at much risk - Make sure she goes back to the doc asap. There are very good meds on the market that will clear up PND very quickly.

Reply to lou