Question
Posted by: CC | 2004/10/19

POST NATAL DEPRESSION

I have been diagnosed with PND, I am finding it very difficult to find that bond between myself and my second son, I am taking anti depressants, how long will these feelings last will I ever have that bond that a mother and child should have, I am scared that this will affect our relationship when he older may even feel rejected

While one has substantial Depression, it can indeed feel harder to bond with the child, indeed to enoy any of the bonds you already have. But the medication, especially if you also get some counselling, will lift this depression. You will, beyond doubt, form and have an excellent bond with your child, and your relationship with him later in life will not be affected by this. You're going to be an excellent mother for him