Posted by: Kim | 2009/10/08

Post-Nasal Drip

Hi Doc!
I' ve had a post nasal drip for the second year now and it' s just getting worse.
I been to the doctor all last year, taken all sort of pills and nasal spray but nothing has worked.Well they would only work for the first two days I take them.
My dr.told me that I might have a deviated septum and will have to have a n op. to fix it.

Now I need to see a specialist right? but what could the problem be?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Kim

You need to see an ENT for a full examination of the upper airway as a cause for the drip needs to be established. A deviated septum may be part of the problem, but only an examination will establish this.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Janine | 2009/10/29


Have you tried natural therapies such as homoeopathy and reflexology? They work on the cause of the problem and may be able to help you and to avoid an operation. They are often very effective at treating allergies and post nasal drip.

Reply to Janine

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.