Posted by: Mary | 2009/07/03


I have a continuous post nasal drip. At times I also have ear ace in my right ear and not sure if this is caused by the post nasal drip. What can I use to clear it up please. Doctor gave me Allergex but it does not help at all.
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Mary

One needs to determine whether you actually have a postnasal drip related to a sinus problem or not. If you have allergic rhinitis (hayfever) with sneezing, postnasal drip and a blocked nose, this should settle on a topical nasal steroid spray and an antihistamine. Allergex alone might not be sufficient. There are newer anti-histamines with less side effects that might work better for you. Your doctor will be able to prescribe these.

If you do not suffer from allergic rhinitis, one needs to determine whether you have underlying chronic sinusitis. Usually you will suffer from associated nasal symptoms such as poor smell or a blocked nose. This might require further investigation by an ENT (endoscopy and possible imaging studies)

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.