Posted by: Kelly | 2008/10/02

Post Nasal Drip

Please tell me how to get rid of this post nasal drip.
I' v had it for about 2months now since my last flu.
I got the flu twice in 3weeks.this was two months back.
Dr.gave me antibiotics both times,i was however left with this PND which i thought wouldv gone away by now.This is the first time iv gotten it.What can i take to get rid of this?
I have also been relying on my fan heater to be keeping me warm thru the cold weather and have lately stopped.Not sure if this is also a contibuting factor...?
Please advise

Expert ImagePharmacist

Antibiotics will cure a secondary infection that may have resulted as a result of your PND - It wont stop the PND itself. The drip may be due to allergies, irritation of cold/flu.

It can be treated with an OTC antihistamine or a decongestant.

Posted by: Anand | 2009/04/06

I' ve had this post nasal drip for over 7 years now. Feels like it is causing bad breadth. Went to an ENT. Even had tonsils removed. Please advise if there is a cure.

Reply to Anand