Question
Posted by: sexuallyactive | 2004/10/29

Post Abortion!

Hello Gynae Doc...

Please can you just help me with a question, i was just wondering how long after abortion should a girl refrain from any sexual activity, be it masturbation or sex? can damage be done if one has intercoarse soon after an abortion? i know this sounds very BAD and all, but it is important for me to know please!

I thank you ever so kindly....

You should not have sex for at least two weeks or till the bleeding has stopped. Masturbation is fine.

5
Posted by: xxx | 2004/10/30

god girl - can't you rest for a week after aborting your baby!? hope you've bought some condoms so you don't have a repeat of this experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to xxx
Posted by: Jackie | 2004/10/29

Not judging you, but I hope you are now using protection.

Reply to Jackie
Posted by: sexuallyactive | 2004/10/29

OKAY....please don't judge me, its been really hard for me and i have been confused....i had sex within 3 days of my abortion, and now i am REALLY scared that i have created serious problems or permanent damage!....please advise me....

Reply to sexuallyactive
Posted by: sexuallyactive | 2004/10/29

Thank you Linda.... what about permanent damage? is it possible to do severe or permanent damage?

Reply to sexuallyactive
Posted by: Linda | 2004/10/29

Yes, you can get infection if you don't. The area where the placenta came away must first form a scab and heal completely before you can resume sexual activities. You should wait at least two weeks.

Reply to Linda