Question
Posted by: Dina | 2007/07/24

Post 881

Thank you so much for your reply to my posting 881. I eat supper about 30 minutes after gym every night (usually about 7.45pm). The snack I'm having before bed is around 10.30 or so. Supper normally consists of veggies/starch/protein but the craving for the carbohydrate snack before bed is quite strong so I've been succumbing. I just don't want to get into any bad habits because I've worked too hard at replacing them!

Dear Dina
As I mentioned before, you can try having half of your 10.30 snack before you exercise to raise your blood sugar levels to fuel your physical activity, and half after exercise to replenish your liver and muscle glycogen stores. Eat supper a little later and let's see how you do and if you still get the late night hunger pangs.
Keep up the good work