Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2007/06/12

Post 339

Please refer to posting 339 and advise accordingly.

I've since got my menses on the 1st of June and taken fertimod for the second month, my gynea confidently said that there is no way I could have experienced LUFS.

Can this be said without anyway of knowing whether the mature follicles as displayed on Day 12 sona had infact undergone the ovulation process and not a simulated ovulation, even though the Day 22 progesterone test indicated normal result, with progesterone of 177nmol/l

Dear Concerened

Premature lutenisation of the follicle is extremely difficult to diagnose and confirm. However it remains a possibility in many cases of infertility of unexplained origin.
Occasionally an ultrasound scan done at the time of expected ovulation may assist greatly in making this diagnosis. However progesterone levels are of little value in excluding or confirming LUFS.
In our practice we sometimes avoid LUFS by triggering ovulation and just prior to expected rupture of the follicle we needle the follicles so as to release the egg and then allow either natural intercourse to occur or to continue with intrauterine insemination if so desired.