Question
Posted by: Unfit | 2008/06/12

Post 254 - Can I really be that unfit?

Hi Doc,

I went to my GP, as I was having these feelings more often. Turns out I have Iron Deficiency Anemia. Which resulted in me feeling the way I did, because of exersion my body needed more oxygen.

I have been perscripted an Iron supplement, and will probably only start taking it tonight or tomorrow.

How long until I can start Exercising again?

HI there

Ok, that's good news. Well, not good that you have anemia, but good that you know what the likely cause was and can now treat the problem!

In terms of exercise, you can of course exercise right away, but obviously, still expect to have some symptoms of fatigue, until the problem corrects itself.

I expect that in two weeks, you'll start to feel a whole lot better, and by the end of June, hopefully near back to normal. But I'd certainly say you shouldn't wait until that happens - try a little bit of exercise, but keep it light, and you'll be able to notice the change as it develops.