Question
Posted by: Mariska | 2008/01/23

post 234

Hi Doc,

RE : POST 234

thank you for all the info!!

I started with AF on the 18/01/2008, and it was a lot of bleeding and pain. so i think it maybe could be a early MC, (could it be????)

Is it possible to use the progesterone cream or do I have to use cyclogest or uterogestrone? My doc does not want to subscribe cyclogest and at the pharmacy the need a subscripton, but they say they are allowed to give me the cream. whould it also be ok to take a 1/4 of a asprin every morning. I had done recearch on the net and most of the time they say to take a baby asprin every day.

thanks again you realy helped a lot.

regards
mariska

Subject: need help please asap>>>!!!
Posted by: Mariska
Message:
Hi doc,

My cycle in November started 18/11/07, I started with clomed on day 5, we did the BD on day 12 - 16. Then on 17/12/07 my next AF started, but first on the 16/12/07 I had a discharge, like every other cycle (a day or two before) so my last cycle started then only on the 17/12/07. But I used clomed from day 3 this month. We did the BD on the 1/01/2008 and the day before and after. I had a red discharge on saturday12/01/2007, but only a little bit (no need for protection) then nothing, then again on Tuesday 14/01/2008, but this time a brown discharge, and then today Thursday 17/01/2008 as well brown, but today I have AF like pains and symptoms. but so far also only a discharge.

Is there any possibility that I might be pregnant, and having an early MC, or is it only the hormones because I used clomed. ?

I did a HPT yesterday Wednesday at about 15h00, but it was a BFN.

If I had a MC what type of test can I do to find out what the problem could be for the early MC? I did se a doc in our town, but they say it is not necessary to do the tests if they think that it was a not a MC. They say that if a HPT shows a negative then its negative, and if the blood test is from 5 and lower is it also negative.

Any advise or help please doc, or any 1 who can help.

Mariska

Date: 17/1/2008

Subject:
Posted by: Fertility expert
Message:
Dear Mariska

The symptoms that you describe are highly suggestive of implantation having occurred and it is highly possible that more than one embryo is attempting to implant. I would strongly recommend that you do a blood pregnancy test (BHCG quantitative). In addition I would recommend that progesterone blood test be take at the same time and if indicated a progesterone supplement may be necessary such as cyclogest or uterogestrone. In future I would strongly recommend that you start progesterone supplementation early i.e. plus minus 4-5days after confirmed ovulation having occurred and to continue some supplementation until a pregnancy test confirms a pregnancy. Should the pregnancy test come back positive the progesterone supplementation is then maintained until at least 7-8 weeks of pregnancy. However, if the pregnancy test is negative the progesterone is discontinued. In addition other causes of implantation failure should also be investigated for such conditions as antiphospholipid syndrome, lupus anticoagulant and autoimmune screening.

Dear Mariska

Given the symptoms that you have described, the possibility of and early miscarriage should certainly be entertained. Unfortunately the use of progesterone creams results in unpredictable absorbsion and therefore I would not recommend such use, specifically in this situation. Both cyclogest and uterogestan are well described for use in fertility treatment and therefore I would certainly recommend these as primary treatment

1
Posted by: sita | 2008/03/02

I started using Cyclogest yesterday and wondered if there were any tips? (ok this gets graphic...) I was advised to use the back entrance, but seem to have a fighting battle inserting and keeping it in!! I'm also not sure how far to go - is flush against the entrance and a quick clench ok?!! its really uncomfortable, once they're in as they're fighting to exit for the next 5 hours! How do I know when its done right? Never used pessaries before...and I'm horribly lost!

Reply to sita