Question
Posted by: G | 2004/11/16

Post 22055

Yesterday I posted a question and have not yet received an answer, I really need help regarding this. The pain is still VERY present this morning although it did ease up yesterday afternoon and I'm still bleeding - bright red with dark pieces.

Please help, I do not have money to go to the doctor but I also I'm getting a bit nervous. What can I do to fight aneamia?

Please see answer to your previous posting.

3
Posted by: G | 2004/11/16

Thanks Golly, just what i needed to hear.

Reply to G
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/16

G,

If you do not have regular periods due to the PCOS, the blood can build up quite a bit, hence the heavy and dark period (the dark colour is indicative of old blood).

Take it easy today and the rest of the week. Do not exert yourself. Take multivitamins and eat raisins (for iron) as well as green leafy veg. You will be OK. Most probably as your periods regulate themselves, you will have lighter periods and of shorter duration. I doubt that it is necessary to go to the doc for this, unless you can not take the pain any longer. Taking aspirin may help for the pain, but the other advantage is that it thins your blood and make it easier to expel the blood (less cramping and clotting).
All the best!

Reply to Golly
Posted by: Jelly | 2004/11/16

There is really nothing anyone here can do to help - except advise that you see a doc as sson as possible. That is the ONLY thing that will help you right now.

Reply to Jelly