Question
Posted by: Hey! | 2007/06/03

Post 1898

CyberDoc, your response to post 1898 is not acceptable. It is unscientific and not based on medical fact! We're NOT interested in your personal opinions, we're only interested in medical facts. So how about you quote your scources?

Dear Hey
I apologize if I offended anybody - this was not my intention at all. I am the last person that would prescribe to other people how they should live their (sex)lives and what they should or shouldn't do. My answer was purely from a anatomical viewpoint - the anus does not make its own lubrication, the epithelial layer is thinner and more prone to injury and I have unfortunately worked with patients that have been sexually abused anally with overly lax anal sphincters ( probably due to rough treatment). This does not mean that I am homophobic or judgemental about anal sex. I am sure that if you practice safe sex between consenting partners, the risk is just as low as safe vaginal sex with no risk of falling pregnant! My using the word "unhealthy" was not meant to be demeaning, what I wanted to stress in that sentence is that each person has the right to make their own personal choices and what one person may regard as unhealthy may be totally acceptable to another person.